|Apple Education Profiles - Cedars School|
The Apple Education Profiles site is worth a visit for lots of examples of how mobile devices have been successfully integrated into the curriculum.
Learning need no longer be restricted to school hours and end at 3.30pm when school closes. iPads provide all the tools a learner needs to develop the processes of creativity and enquiry, including making predictions, observing, investigating, researching, analysing, reporting and evaluating.
David Hockney uses his iPad to create great works of art, musicians compose music, take part in jamming sessions or write songs, scientists test theories - what will you do?
Through the use of the iPad at home, parents can become more actively involved in their child's learning, supporting and facilitating young people as they ask questions, read books or find out information about how something works.
Barbara Ainscough in partnership with an Apple Reseller invite your staff to see how 121 iPad ownership in your school can:
• Increase the use ICT across the curriculum especially in core subjects: English, Maths and Science
• Raise the quality and standard of pupil work
• Increase pupil motivation and engagement
• Challenge and support learners
• Increase opportunities for collaboratiion and independent learning
• Support anywhere, anytime learning - encourage iPad use for homework and out of school activities
• Enable more relevant teaching through the use of purpose built Apps to aid learning
• Improve teacher efficiency
• Reduce revenue costs of ICT infrastructure and printing